The Leadership Challenge, matches new gifts of $1,200 or more and helps leverage Leadership gifts for the campaign. For donors giving at the leadership level for the first time ($1,200 or more) or for current leadership donors that increase their current donation by 10% or more, the Leadership Challenge will provide up to $50,000 in matching funds to United Way.
United Way Leadership Challenge Sponsors in the past have included:
- 2022: Norris Walker in memory of Marilyn I. Walker
- 2021: The Wineries of Niagara +
- 2020: The Partridge Family in memory of Peter M Partridge
- 2019: Gales Gas Bars Ltd.
- 2018: The Physicians of Niagara
- 2017: The Ontario Paper Thorold Foundation
- 2016: The Wineries of Niagara +
- 2015: Pharmasave
- 2014: Beatties Basics
- 2013: Verge Insurance Group
- 2012: Milan & Julieann Plentai
- 2010: The Burgoyne Family, in Memory of Dorothy Doolittle
- 2009: George Darte Funeral Chapel Inc.
- 2008: Gales Gas Bars Limited
- 2007: The Niagara Partners of Deloitte
- 2006: The Port Dalhousie Pier Marina
We salute the leadership of these special individuals who made these gifts.
New Donor Match
In an effort to attract new donors, The New Donor Match will match any new gifts to United Way. The matching dollars will support United Way Niagara’s community fund. Designations to specific charities, through United Way, do not qualify for the matching grants.
For more information, please contact Kevin Jong, Director, Development & Communications | Telephone: (905) 688-5050 ext 2103
Other Matching Opportunities
United Way is happy to work with you to create new matching opportunities to meet your philanthropic goals. For more information, please contact Kevin Jong at [email protected] or call (905) 688-5050 ext 2103
The Friendship Challenge is a match of $500 – $1,199 that helps leverage Friend of the Way level gifts for the campaign. For donors giving at the friend level for the first time ($500-$1,199), the Friendship Challenge will provide up to the specified amount in matching funds to United Way.
For more information, please contact Kevin Jong, Director of Resource Development | Telephone: (905) 688-5050 ext 2103