Social Media Volunteer
Type of Position: Volunteer
Based on the priorities of the Niagara Food Security Network, you will be responsible for developing unique ideas and managing content on various social media platforms. Successful candidates will have a clear understanding of the objectives of the Network, the target audience, and must be able to develop simple, easy-to-understand, user friendly content while employing good search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. The content should be informative and engaging and should enable the visitors to get their information promptly and efficiently.
- Create and distribute content as directed by Food Security Network strategies and priorities, including written copy, blog posts, presentations, animations, webgraphics, videos and social media content.
- Create an editorial calendar to establish when content will be distributed and through which channels.
- Collaborate with multiple working groups on content creation.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Good digital communications skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Experience with photography, video, visual editing tools is an asset
- Access to a vehicle preferred
- Maximum 10 hours of commitment per week requested
The successful candidate will work out of the United Way Niagara office located at 63 Church Street, St. Catharines. If interested please send cover letter and resume to Wendy Medeiros at email@example.com.
NOTE: This posting will remain open until the volunteer position has been filled.