Applications for the 2022 Food Support Grant are now open
United Way Niagara is pleased to share a new funding opportunity to provide immediate relief to our community partners working in food security that are struggling due to increased demand, coupled with the rise in food prices.
The Food Support Grant is a funding opportunity available to support the purchase of food for any registered charity delivering food security initiatives in Niagara.
Registered charities that are experiencing and/or anticipating a budget shortfall to purchase food for food related programs and services are encouraged to complete the Food Support Grant application.
The deadline to apply is Monday, November 28, 2022, at 12:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time).
To be eligible for the Food Support Grant Program, organizations must meet all of the eligibility criteria, as follows:
- Be a registered charity; and
- Be experiencing and/or anticipating a food program budget shortfall to purchase food to meet the needs of the community; and
- Have less than six months of operational reserves available (or an explanation); and
- Be able to provide audited financial statements or a review engagement report; and
- Agree to recognize United Way Niagara for the grant; and
- Agree to use the grant funds solely toward the purchase of food; and
- Agree to report back on the Food Support Grant Form (provided by United Way) describing the use of the grant.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact Tamara Coleman-Lawrie at [email protected] or 905-688-5050, Ext. 2109.