Volunteering for the United Way
Volunteering is a great way to attain a sense of self-fulfillment; it is also a great way to explore new career paths, gain work experience, develop skills, build confidence and contribute to the community by helping others. We rely on volunteers to help raise and carefully allocate funds to programs that support a stronger community.
The United Way always welcomes the assistance and support of its neighbours. You can help in any of the following ways:
- Join one of our many committees. Campaign, Board of Directors, Special Event Planning, Community Investment (Allocations), etc.
- Assist with a special event. No event can happen without the support of volunteers. Your assistance is always appreciated.
- Lend your expertise to a particular need (i.e. administrative, social media, graphic design, finance)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to volunteer with United Way!
Become an Ambassador of the Way
Sometimes you just need to help educate others about important issues in our community. United Way wants everyone to become an ambassador to spread a positive message about what we do and how we’re impacting change.
You can become an Ambassador by:
- Sharing positive messages and positive community stories to others;
- Joining one of our Boards of Directors or Community Investment Teams;
- Advocating for positive social change in our community, across Ontario and Canada;
- Learning about the systemic barriers and challenges faced by people;
- Becoming passionate about helping in areas of poverty; employment; housing; hunger and nutrition; education; healthy child and youth development; families or anything that touches your heart.
Contact us to learn how you can become an Ambassador of the Way for your community.
Volunteering in the Community
Interested in volunteering your time and talents but unsure where to start?
Volunteer Connections is here to help!
Search the Volunteer Connections database to find a volunteer opportunity that will:
- fit your schedule
- put your skills to good use
- be in your community of choice
- allow you to build new skills
- allow you to gain valuable experience
To learn more visit: http://www.informationniagara.com/volunteer-opportunities/