The goal of the Special Projects/Emergency Fund is to provide financing for innovative projects on a short-term basis, separate from United Way’s annual grants program or assist in emergency situations.
Applications will be considered from currently funded United Way agencies; other registered charities providing human care services; and other groups proposing to provide such services, working with a registered charity.
These projects should not duplicate existing services and address community needs. In particular, the United Way is interested in, but not limited to, proposals in the following areas:-
- Rehabilitation & Support
- Communication & Planning
Proposals may be for both “one-time” projects, or for longer-term programs which require some seed money and/or a trial operating period. There is no guarantee of future funding beyond the initial Special Projects/Emergency Fund grant however.
Grants will range to a maximum of $10,000 and will be available every 90 days during the year according to the following deadlines.
- Grant Date April 1 – Deadline Feb. 15
- Grant Date July 1 – Deadline May 15
- Grant Date Oct. 1 – Deadline Aug. 15
- Grant Date Jan. 1 – Deadline Nov. 15
To be eligible for funding, an organization must:
- Provide a financial and outcomes report upon completion of the project
- Deliver the services/program to the citizens of Fort Erie, Niagara Falls, Pelham, Port Colborne, Wainfleet, Welland
- Agree to use the funds only for the approved project
- Complete the project within one year from the time of funding.
For information or assistance, please contact Carol Stewart-Kirkby at 905-354-9342 ext. 100, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org