United Way South Niagara exists to improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action.
We create opportunities for a better life for everyone in our communities.
- Demonstrate trust, integrity, respect, inclusivity, and transparency.
- Energize and inspire volunteerism & volunteer leadership.
- Endorse innovation, partnerships and collective action.
- Provide non-partisan leadership in social change.
- Embrace diversity.
United Way Priorities
United Way realizes local challenges and we invest the resources generously contributed by our community to create positive community impact.
United Ways across Canada collectively invest in three priority focus areas, to create that positive impact:
1. All That Kids & Families Can Be;
2. Healthy People, Strong Communities
3. From Poverty to Possibility.
We believe in supporting a cycle of success, to improve opportunities for everyone… everyday.
At United Way South Niagara, we invest in these 3 priority focus areas through local programs, services or initiatives that:
a. Support healthy child and youth development, family cohesion and services for special needs;
b. Increase access to social and health-related services, improving services for an aging population, all of which helps to build healthier, stronger communities;
c. Reduce poverty and increase the assets for families through basic human needs and education to employment.
We also invest our resources and work with local initiatives such as the Niagara Poverty Reduction Network to drive collaboration and create positive community impact for the nearly 100,000 residents in South Niagara.